Phimosis (Zsr Circumscion) – The Way Ahead
December 11, 2021
ZSR CIRCUMSCION – The way ahead
Which Is Better ? Conventional Circumcision / ZSR Circumcision
In Circumcision the skin that covers the tip of the penis is removed.
For newborn males in India, the procedure is quite frequent.
ZSR Circumcision is an effective treatment for phimosis.
Circumcision is required for following issues:
- Para Phimosis
- Belanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO)
- Pain during Sexual Intercourse
- Chronic or Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
- Bleeding during Intercourse
- Tight Frenulum
- Tight Foreskin
Methods of Performing Circumcision
- Standard circumcision is the most often used and trusted procedure, it’s when the foreskin is removed using scissors and self-dissolving sutures.
- Stapler (Conventional ) circumcision. The foreskin is cut using a stapling device that also sutures the incision with tiny stainless-steel staples.
- LASER is now often utilised for circumcision, in which laser energy is employed for cutting the foreskin and self-dissolving stitches are used.
However, in males who have conventional circumcision, problems such as bleeding, an oedema, lengthy recovery time and disappointing cosmetic results are always common in Conventional Circumcision.
What is ZSR Circumcision?
This is a sophisticated technique of circumcision that employs surgical stapler to cut and seal the edges of the foreskin other than using sutures. ZSR Circumcision technique utilizes surgical stapler instead of conventional sutures to seal and cut the foreskin edges. In traditional circumcision, the surgeon must first cut the skin with a knife and then suture it. In SR circumcision technology, the stitching and the cutting are done by the stapler device.
The procedure of stapler circumcision include:
- ZSR Circumcision is done either under local, or general anesthesia depending on the age and medical fitness of the male.
- The surgery duration is 30 minutes. The surgery is performed in day-care.
- No stitches are used.
Advantages of ZSR Circumscion
- Postoperative pain last for 3-4 Days
- Painless during the surgery.
- No stitches removal is required
- Very flat Rapid healing
- Both penis and foreskin frenum are completely protected by glans protector.
- Short operative time of only 5 minutes, compared to the conventional circumcision of 30-40 minutes.
- Minimal discomfort and tissue damage and limited volume of blood loss.
- Cosmetically better result, A uniform suture line is done using a circular surgical blade
- No or negligible blood loss
- Resume sexualintercouse / masturbation after a month
Disadvantages of Conventional Circumscion
- Excess blood loss
- Tissue oedema
- Restriction in movement for two weeks, and avoid sex for two months.
- Occasionally it may cause damage to penis. too much foreskin frenum resection.
- Long recovery duration is required.
Disadvantages of Stapler Circumcision
- Sometimes residual staples after surgical procedure may be removed itself and the doctor should remove it.
- The stapler has a fixed diameter which cannot be customized.
- A stapler cannot be used if several unusual preputial adhesions are present.
- Because it is a single time use device and the device costs are included, this is a relatively costly operation.
- The stapler is presently offered in a restricted variety of sizes and so restricts its applications in abnormal penis size patients and children.
Recovery After Stapler Circumcision
- It takes 3 weeks for the patient to recover completely after stapler circumcision.
- The patient can return home the same day after the surgery.
- Minimum rest for the initial 24 hours is necessary.
- After 48 hours, the bandage(dressing) will be changed. The change of clothing is easy and may be done in the house.
- After ZSR Circumcision, minimum pain is present.
- Office work is not restricted unless physical activity is required.
- For 4 weeks, after stapler circumcision is suggested to avoid masturbating and sexual intercourse.